Machinery breakdown insurance
Harvester, tractor and seeder plows, are all vital production for farmers which should be covered by insurance at least for the risk of machinery breakdown.
Machinery breakdown is an event of unforeseen character causing sudden damage and/or destruction of machinery, which results in a loss of functionality. Almost all machines and equipment can be insured against damage, taking into account their age and technical condition. The machinery supplier’s warranty is usually limited and concerns only manufacturing defects of the machine, not defects of their services.
Machines and electronics insurance covers the necessary costs to bring the machine back to working condition as it was before the insurance case, including the cost of removal and installation of machinery and transport of spare parts.
The insurance covers damage caused by:
- defects in construction, material or manufacturing defect
- excess pressure of steam, gas or liquid or vacuum
- lack of water in the boiler
- fall or infiltration of unknown object
- short circuit, over – voltage or induction electrical current
- incorrect operation
- theft and vandalism
- fire, explosion, lightning, windstorm, hail, flood, accident
What can be insured?
- agricultural machines and machinery devices: harvesters, tractor, telescopic loaders, sprinklers, seeders, plows, disc, etc.
- transport machines and lifts
- milking lines and technology for processing plant and animal products