Crops are increasingly exposed to frequent weather changes, which can destroy entire harvests in just a few minutes and threaten a farm’s business. Crop insurance minimises consequences arising from natural disasters, thus reducing the risk of agricultural business. Insurance is arrange with a variable participation of 5, 10 or 20%.
Crop insurance is arranged through the following insurance companies:
- Agra poisťovňa
- Allianz – Slovenská poisťovňa, a.s.
- Generali Poisťovňa, a.s.
What risks does the insurance cover?
- hail, windstorms
- flood, inundation, landslides, falling rocks or soil
- spring frost in selected crops
- winter frost in selected crops
- drought during germination
- damage caused by snails
A wide range of crops is covered by insurance:
- grains, oil crops, roots, legumes, vegetables, forages, aromatic and spice plants
- pome fruits, berries, stone fruit. It also includes young plantings, trees and shrubs
- vines and seedlings, hops, one year medicinal plants, tobacco
crops produced on arable land: