Livestock insurance is a safety net for farmers which reduces the risk of further business after a loss.
The biggest risk to livestock are infections. Large damages during production can also cause infectious diseases, injuries and losses incurred to animals while giving birth.
Animal insurance is arranged through these insurance companies:
- Agra poisťovňa
- Allianz - Slovenská poisťovňa, a.s.
- Generali Poisťovňa, a.s.
- UNIQA poisťovňa, a.s.
- cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, poultry, rabbits, horses
- special kinds of insured animals- deer, fallow deer, mouflon and pheasant
- insurance against destruction of eggs in the chicken hatchery and death of chicks
What risks does the insurance cover?
- infection of livestock (eg. plague, dysentery, BSE, foot and mouth disease, etc.)
- infection of poultry (eg. salmonellosis, tuberculosis, avian flu, etc.)
- death of poultry caused by body overheating or because of power outage
- individual losses: birth loss, fractures, burns, strangulation, sprain, etc.